WE ARE OPEN FOR BUSINESS !
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching eyes, mouth or nose
- Stay home if you show symptoms of illness
- Avoid contact with people are ill
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What precautions has Kids Square Children’s Museum taken to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Kids Square treats every day as if it were flu season. In addition to our daily sanitation schedule, we will follow the CDC’s recommendations for helping prevent the spread of respiratory viruses by:
- Marking floors and exhibits with social distancing guidelines.
- Making hand sanitizer available to all who enter.
- Adding to our daily sanitization schedule, top of the hour disinfecting of high touch surfaces including door handles, push bars, tables, counters, light switches and bathrooms.
- Implementing a “Safe Play” initiative. Through the Safe Play initiative, families will be assigned a number that corresponds with toy baskets that can be found in several exhibit areas throughout the museum. It’s the one time we support not sharing toys. The baskets are for your family during the duration of your visit and can be kept in the exhibit areas so you can freely explore. This new process ensures the safest and healthiest learning environment possible. Upon exiting the museum, we ask that the hand sanitizer be returned to the container located at the front desk so that it can be cleaned and sanitized for the next family.
Explore, learn and play the germ-free way!
- Removing the rubber granules from our dig pit exhibit for an indefinite time until it is determined safe to add them again. The exhibit area has been changed to offer other learning opportunities.
- REQUIRING face masks for anyone 5 years old and up. Face shields will not be an acceptable substitution for a mask
- Play time has a 2 hour time limit.
Will museum staff be available for questions?
Museum staff are wearing more hats than ever before, therefore, there may be a small delay in answering voicemails, your patience is appreciated. Another source of communication is via email, our email address is email@example.com
How will this affect our membership?
Memberships that expired March 2020 will be extended for one month after opening, April 2020 memberships will be extended for 2 months after opening. All other active memberships will be extended for 3 months afer opening. However, RENEWALS and NEW memberships will be on hold for a minimum of 5 months so that museum leaders have time to evaluate what our future memberships will look like.
Looks like you are open limited weekdays. I only have a Tuesday-Friday membership. Can I come on the weekends?
All membership levels are invited to join us on the weekends.
Will there be a time limit on play?
Yes, we will have a three hour play time limit.
Will there be a discounted Price?
Unfortunately, as many non-profit organizations have been affected by this pandemic, Kids Square is no exception. It will take community support to keep Kids Square open, staff employed and families learning through play at our museum. Please consider supporting our endeavors during this time. We are hopeful this will not last forever.