KIDS SQUARE CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: (August 8, 2020) *
Closed to the public Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays
(Private rentals available). email email@example.com for details.
Thursday, Friday and Saturdays 10am-3pm (2 hour playtime limit)
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching eyes, mouth or nose
- Stay home if you show symptoms of illness
- Avoid contact with people are ill
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What precautions has Kids Square Children’s Museum taken to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Kids Square treats every day as if it were flu season. In addition to our daily sanitation schedule, we will follow the CDC’s recommendations for helping prevent the spread of respiratory viruses by:
- Marking floors and exhibits with social distancing guidelines.
- Making hand sanitizer available to all who enter.
- Adding to our daily sanitization schedule, top of the hour disinfecting of high touch surfaces including door handles, push bars, tables, counters, light switches and bathrooms.
- Implementing a “Safe Play” initiative. Through the Safe Play initiative, families will be assigned a number that corresponds with toy baskets that can be found in several exhibit areas throughout the museum. It’s the one time we support not sharing toys. The baskets are for your family during the duration of your visit and can be kept in the exhibit areas so you can freely explore. This new process ensures the safest and healthiest learning environment possible. Upon exiting the museum, we ask that the hand sanitizer be returned to the container located at the front desk so that it can be cleaned and sanitized for the next family.
Explore, learn and play the germ-free way!
- Temporarily closing the theater area due to the non-existence of windows and fresh air. Nursing mothers and families with special needs children can still access our nursing/quiet room.
- Removing the rubber granules from our dig pit exhibit for an indefinite time until it is determined safe to add them again. The exhibit area has been changed to offer other learning opportunities.
- REQUIRING face masks for anyone 10 years old and up. It is also recommended and thought to be best practice for those 3-9 years old, however, this age group will not be required to wear a mask. Face shields will not be an acceptable substitution for a mask
- Play time has a 2 hour time limit. You can secure your spot by signing up online or calling our box office at 540-224-1200. Walk-ins are also welcome if spots are available. Please visit our box office on the first floor of Center to purchase or reserve your spot.
Will museum staff be available for questions?
The museum will have a limited administrative staff onsite during its public closure. However, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
How will this affect our membership?
Memberships that expired March 2020 will be extended for one month after opening, April 2020 memberships will be extended for 2 months after opening. All other active memberships will be extended for 3 months afer opening. However, RENEWALS and NEW memberships will be on hold for a minimum of 5 months so that museum leaders have time to evaluate what our future memberships will look like.
Looks like you are open limited weekdays. I only have a Tuesday-Friday membership. Can I come on the weekends?
All membership levels are invited to join us on the weekends.
Will there be a time limit on play?
Yes, we will have a two hour play time limit.
Has anyone benn diagnosed with COVID-19 at Kids Square?
At this time, we have no known cases of COVID-19 at the museum. Our policy requires any staff member exhibiting signs of illness to stay home.
Will there be a discounted Price?
Unfortunatley, as many non-profit organizations have been affected by this pandemic, Kids Square is no exception. It will take community support to kieep Kids Square open, staff employed and families learning through play at our museum. Please consider supporting our endeavors during this time. We are hopeful this will not last forever.